Sunday, November 29, 2015

Scented Pine Cones

scented-pine-cones-with-essential-oils-in-a-bowl

Supplies for Scented Pine Cones

  • Pine cones
  • Large zipper freezer bag
  • Cinnamon and orange essential oils  or your favorite scents
  • Distilled water
  • Spray bottle
Add a little bit of distilled water to a spray bottle, and then add a few drops of your favorite essential oils or fragrance oils.

I added about 8 to 10 drops of essential oils until I was happy with the scent. Then, I shook the bottle and sprayed the pine cones liberally with the mixture. You can spray directly in the bag or do this on a different surface and then add them to the bag.

Close the bag and then leave the pine cones sit for about a day or two, or until the scent is strong enough for you.   
I opened the bag after just one day, and the pine cones were definitely done. They really do smell wonderful!

I dumped them all into a large silver bowl, and they look so elegant, especially when the sun hits in the late afternoon. I also added a few cinnamon sticks just because I like the way they look, and they help with the scent too.

1 comment: